- Act as a Compliance point of contact for Fairway Funds Services Limited and client entities as required;
- Act as a principal contact with both the Jersey Financial Services Commission and the funds business;
- Amend and update, as required, the relevant systems and controls, policies and procedures for Fund Services Business and Trust Company Business, as well as assisting with the delivery and training of new policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management oversight of the compliance monitoring programmes for FFSL and its clients, drafting reports to the Boards and making recommendations as appropriate;
- Contribute to the design, implementation and undertaking of risk management processes for FFSL clients;
- Review potential new business, including reviewing new business take-on forms, client due diligence profiles, risk assessments, client identification documents and other documentation as appropriate;
- Review FFSL clients for adherence to applicable regulations and laws, including monitoring updates to laws, orders, regulations or codes of practice and recommending measures that may need to be taken to ensure compliance;
- Prepare compliance related management information and reports including, where required, reports to the Board;
- Liaise with the Group Head of Compliance & Risk for the Group to ensure synergy and open dialogue across the group controls and procedures;
- To champion a compliance culture within the entities and wider Fairway group.
- Assist employees with queries that may raise on compliance or client due diligence issues and promote a compliance culture to all employees; and
- Other projects as assigned and other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- General responsibilities
- Develop and maintain good relations with other staff members;
- Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with internal procedures;
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and security in terms of client affairs and records;
- Monitor performance against personal and developmental targets;
- Meet with the head of Funds on a regular basis and be part of fund team meetings;
- Identify areas where further training for staff would be beneficial and bring these to the attention of the Board, assist in the arrangement of training and compliance education;
- To remain current in the obligations faced in the role and that of the regulated person with regard the laws concerning money laundering, terrorism on the island.
Management / supervisory responsibilities
- To manage staff assigned to Compliance related tasks.
Technical knowledge & skills required
- Good understanding of anti-money laundering and client due diligence requirements for a financial service business and its clients;
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible in approach to the work;
- Good organisational skills and able to organise their time effectively; and
- A team player and confident in dealings with others, including clients.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years financial services industry experience, preferably in a Fund Services Business compliance environment;
- ICA Diploma in Compliance or equivalent is essential for the post;
- Demonstrate people first skills in order to in bed a compliant culture within the firm.